A man, in his mid forties, has been airlifted after suffering significant burns in an industrial accident, overnight.
It’s believed the patient had been welding, when a spark ignited brake fluid cleaner, causing burns to his right side of the body.
He suffered serious burns to his arm and leg.
The Brisbane-based RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter met the Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) at a nearby hospital, in the South Burnett region, before airlifting him to the specialist burns unit at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
He was transported in a stable condition.