26.01.20

The Toowoomba-based RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter has airlifted a woman, who suffered burns when an aerosol can exploded on a barbecue.

The rescue helicopter responded to a town in the Southern Downs, around 4.30pm. (Sun 26th)

 It’s believed a can of fly spray fell onto a lit barbecue, exploded and caused a flash fire.

Chemicals from the aerosol insecticide also sprayed all over the woman’s arms and face.

The Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) drove the patient, aged in her sixties, to a nearby park where the rescue helicopter was waiting.

She was airlifted to Toowoomba Hospital, in a stable condition.