The Toowoomba-based RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter has flown a woman to hospital, after she was burned in a bonfire accident, tonight (Saturday 11 April).
It’s believed the woman mistakenly threw petrol onto a fire, causing the flames to flare up into her face.
The rescue chopper was tasked to the scene, south-east of Toowoomba, just before 8pm.
The pilot landed the aircraft in a field, close to the incident.
The RACQ LifeFlight Rescue Critical Care Doctor and Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) Critical Care Flight Paramedic assisted local QAS paramedics, in treating the woman’s facial burns.
The patient, aged in her fifties, was then flown to Toowoomba Hospital in a stable condition, under the care of the aeromedical team.