Teenager seriously burned in camp stove accident

The Toowoomba-based LifeFlight Surat Gas Aeromedical Service (SGAS) crew, has airlifted a high school-aged boy to hospital, after he was seriously burned overnight.

The rescue chopper was called to the scene, in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, shortly before 8pm.

It’s believed the teen had been using a camping stove, when the lighter liquid ignited and burned his upper body.

Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) paramedics were on the scene, when the LifeFlight aeromedical team arrived.

The boy was flown to Queensland Children’s Hospital, in a serious but stable condition.

An adult, known to the patient, travelled as an escort.