The Sunshine Coast RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter has flown a teenage boy to hospital, after he was seriously burned this morning.
The rescue chopper was called to the scene, south of Nanango, just after 10:30am.
It’s believed the boy had been helping a friend clear their garden, on a private property, earlier in the morning.
The patient was reportedly trying to set green waste on fire, when the petrol he was using as an accelerant, exploded.
Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) paramedics initially treated the boy, for second degree burns to the front of his body, before the RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter arrived.
He was flown to Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, in a serious but stable condition.