AVIW0020 Refuel Aircraft
LifeFlight offers Helicopter and Aircraft Refuelling courses. This training will provide trainees with the knowledge and skills to carry out aviation refuelling operations, including fuel quality control testing.
- Fixed Wing Aircraft refuelling
- Helicopter refuelling both static and ‘hot’ (engines running)
- Helicopter refuelling on offshore platforms
- Aviation fuel quality control testing
- Course content
Participants will learn how to:
- Operate aviation fuel reception
- Provide fuel quality control
- Fuel Helicopters or Aircraft from bulk storage and drum stock
- Maintain aviation refuelling equipment
- Complete refuel documentation
Students will also gain knowledge of relevant regulations.
Students will demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding through oral and written questions and practical elements. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in:
AVIW30020 – Refuel Aircraft
Aviation Fuel Quality Control
LifeFlight offers training in Aviation Fuel Quality Control and Testing.
- Conduct checks on storage tanks and equipment
- Complete fuel testing procedures
- Identify different types of containment
- Complete fuel density checks
- Knowledge of relevant regulations
- Document fuel testing results
Students will demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding through oral and written questions and practical elements. Upon successful completion of the course, trainees will receive a Certificate of Training and Assessment in:
- Aviation Fuel Quality Control
LifeFlight Training Academy RTO 2762
The written assessment will be provided prior to the commencement of the course. This will be marked by an assessor before organising attendance for the practical component of the assessment. If the student is not successful in completing the knowledge component of the course they will be advised to attend the full course. The recognition of prior learning component of this course can only be offered if you have attended a LifeFlight HUET theory component within the last two years. This policy is due to the currency issues created by the lack of being able to utilise the skills and knowledge contained in this course on a regular basis.
Very well organised and presented course by LifeFlight. Phil Head and Jerome Guitton were brilliant instructors and were experts in their field. Thank you Phil for all the extra work and time you put in to assist me in completing my ATPL. LifeFlight Training Academy has friendly, helpful and dedicated people and that is what makes the difference between a good and excellent training organisation.
Marius de Jager (October 2020)
Or go straight to: AVI30519 Certificate III in Aviation / AVI40119 Certificate IV in Aviation / PMAWHS214 Undertake Helicopter Safety and Escape (HUET) / Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) Training / AVIF0039 Utilise emergency breathing system (EBS) / PUAFIR209 Work Safely Around Aircraft / AVIF0044 Marshal aircraft / AVIW3006 – Refuel Aircraft / Thales SIM / MediSIM / HUET SIM
Subscribe for RACQ LifeFlight Rescue updates