AVI40119 Certificate IV in Aviation
(Air Crew Officer)
The AVI40119 Certificate IV in Aviation (Air Crew Officer) can be delivered in a face-to-face environment at the LifeFlight Training Academy Brisbane and Toowoomba facilities. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is also available for this qualification.
In this course you’ll learn:
- About pre and post flight preparation – the importance of preparation, briefing procedures and safe boarding techniques.
- How to identify and use essential Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Equipment.
- How to conduct Emergency Procedures and Drills – dealing with equipment failure, directing passengers, working with pilots and crew, brace positions and personal response control.
- How to escape a submerged aircraft and survive at sea.
- How to deploy and use life jackets and life rafts.
- How to carry out safety procedures on a helicopter and aviation base.
- How to plan and manage helicopter loads, including weight distribution, balancing, lashing, loading and unloading.
- How to apply first aid including treating hypothermia and dehydration.
Units of Competency
AVIF0023 Apply aircraft safety procedures
AVIF0026 Implement aviation risk management processes
AVIF0035 Manage human factors in aviation operations
AVIF0038 Undertake aircraft underwater escape and survival
AVIF0041 Maintain the safety of people and aircraft
AVIF0042 Respond to abnormal and emergency situations in an aircraft
AVIO0017 Manage disruptive behaviour and unlawful interference with aviation
AVIW0025 Complete aircraft and flight equipment pre- and post-flight actions
AVIY0051 Conduct helicopter landing site and unprepared helicopter landing site operations
AVIZ0003 Maintain basic situational awareness in an aviation workplace
BSBMGT405 Provide personal leadership
TLIA1001 Secure cargo
TLID2003 Handle dangerous goods/hazardous substances
TLIE3002 Estimate/calculate mass, area and quantify dimensions
LifeFlight Training Academy RTO 2762
AVIE0003 Operate aeronautical radio
AVIF0024 Provide first aid in an aviation environment
AVIF0027 Implement aviation fatigue risk management processes
AVIF0039 Utilise emergency breathing system
AVIY0066 Conduct hoisting operations
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
Very well organised and presented course by LifeFlight. Phil Head and Jerome Guitton were brilliant instructors and were experts in their field. Thank you Phil for all the extra work and time you put in to assist me in completing my ATPL. LifeFlight Training Academy has friendly, helpful and dedicated people and that is what makes the difference between a good and excellent training organisation.
Marius (October 2020)
I never had the chance on Saturday afternoon to thank you for all of your help during the entire process of the Crew Course. You helped steer me in the right direction prior to the commencement of the course and were there to answer any questions during the course.
Nate (July 2020)
Or go straight to: AVI30519 Certificate III in Aviation / AVI40119 Certificate IV in Aviation / PMAWHS214 Undertake Helicopter Safety and Escape (HUET) / Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) Training / AVIF0039 Utilise emergency breathing system (EBS) / PUAFIR209 Work Safely Around Aircraft / AVIF0044 Marshal aircraft / AVIW3006 – Refuel Aircraft / Thales SIM / MediSIM / HUET SIM
Subscribe for RACQ LifeFlight Rescue updates