Toddler airlifted after suffering burns

The Sunshine Coast-based helicopter was tasked to retrieve the 18 month old girl around 5.30pm this evening.

The child was scalded by boiling water after reaching for a kettle in the kitchen.

She suffered burns to her face and chest.

The young patient was treated by the Queensland Ambulance Service at the home, before being transported to the local cricket oval where she was met by the RACQ CareFlight Rescue crew.

The toddler was airlifted to Brisbane’s Royal Children’s Hospital, and was accompanied by her mother on the journey.   

She travelled in a stable condition.