Teen suffers burns from overheated car radiator

Saturday  19 October 2013
The RACQ CareFlight Rescue helicopter flew to a private property at Moogerah, west of Boonah, this afternoon to airlift a 13 year old boy who was burned when he touched an overheated car radiator.

The young man suffered steam burns to his face, chest and hands while attempting to put water in the hot radiator of a farm station wagon.

His family called Paramedics and CareFlight was sent to assist.

The teenager was treated by the RACQ CareFlight medical team before being flown to the Royal Brisbane Hospital for further treatment.

He travelled in a stable condition.