Saturday 28 September, 2013
He was bitten at his property in Mt Perry while walking through long grass and a neighbouring friend drove him to Gin Gin Hospital, approximately 30 minutes away, where he was met by the RACQ CareFlight Rescue team and was treated by the QAS paramedic for envenomation.
A QAS road crew on their way to the property, diverted back to the hospital and transported the patient to the showgrounds where the RACQ CareFlight helicopter landed.
The man was airlifted to Bundaberg Base Hospital in a serious but stable condition.
RACQ CareFlight stress people who suspect they may have been bitten by a snake should stay calm, limit movement, apply compression and immediately contact emergency services.
For media enquiries please call the RACQ CareFlight Rescue 24/7 media number on 0448 844 197