Certificate IV in Aviation
Gain the full range of skills you need to operate as a helicopter aircrewman and maximise your career opportunities.
In this course you’ll learn:
- About pre and post flight preparation – the importance of preparation, briefing procedures and safe boarding techniques.
- How to identify and use essential Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Equipment.
- How to conduct Emergency Procedures and Drills – dealing with equipment failure, directing passengers, working with pilots and crew, brace positions and personal response control.
- How to escape a submerged aircraft and survive at sea.
- How to deploy and use life jackets and life rafts.
- How to carry out safety procedures on a helicopter and aviation base.
- How to plan and manage helicopter loads, including weight distribution, balancing, lashing, loading and unloading.
- How to apply first aid including treating hypoterhmia and dehydration.