Certificate III in Aviation
Gain the entry level skills and qualification needed for a career as a helicopter crewman.
In this course you’ll learn:
- About pre and post flight preparation – the importance of preparation, briefing procedures and safe boarding techniques.
- How to identify and use essential Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Equipment.
- How to conduct Emergency Procedures and Drills – dealing with equipment failure, directing passengers, working with pilots and crew, brace positions and personal response control.
- How to carry out safety procedures on a helicopter and aviation base.
- How to land in prepared and improvised helicopter landing sites.
- How to carry out wireman duties and deal with abnormal situations and malfunctions.
- How to apply first aid including treating hypothermia and dehydration.
- How to survive at sea.