News -

Gas bottle explosion leaves man with serious burns

A man, aged in his thirties, has been flown to hospital by RACQ LifeFlight Rescue, after a gas bottle exploded in his face, earlier today. 

The man had arrived to work at a property in the Sunshine Coast hinterland.

It's believed he was carrying a gas bottle in his vehicle, when he noticed the smell of gas.

He ventilated the car and shortly after, the gas bottle reportedly combusted. 

The Sunshine Coast RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter was sent to the area at 10:30 this morning. 

The chopper landed at the property and the LifeFlight aeromedical team worked alongside paramedics from the Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) to stabilise the man for his flight.

He suffered serious burns to his face, hands and arm and was transported in a serious condition to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital. 

The Queensland Police Service (QPS), Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) and the Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) were all in attendance.