Woman airlifted after 6ft snake bite in kitchen
A woman in her seventies was in her Kitchen in Dulacca 80 km’s west of Miles Sunday afternoon when she felt something run across her foot, looking down she saw a 6 ft. brown snake which had bitten her on the foot.
It’s the ninth suspected or confirmed snake bite victim CareFlight Group has airlifted in 12 weeks.
On September 7, a young teenager riding a trail bike felt a stinging sensation on his leg and thought he saw a snake.
His father took him to hospital, where test results came back positive for a brown snake bite.
The Toowoomba crew airlifted the boy from Millmerran Hospital to Toowoomba Base Hospital in a stable condition.
On October 9, a ten year old boy was airlifted from Warwick Hospital to the Mater Children’s Hospital following a snake bite.
Just five days later, a 20 year old woman was airlifted to Hervey Bay Hospital after a suspected snake bite on Fraser Island.
On October 20, a young boy was bitten by a brown snake in Toowoomba, requiring an urgent RACQ CareFlight Rescue flight to Toowoomba Base Hospital.
On October 27, A young girl was airlifted by RACQ CareFlight Rescue after she was thought to be bitten by a snake at a property at Tara in the Darling Downs region.
A day later, a woman was airlifted after a suspected snake bite on a property north west of Texas.
CareFlight Critical Care Doctors urge people who suspect they have been bitten by a snake to remain calm and limit body movement to prevent the venom spreading.
They should immediately call triple zero and a bandage should be applied to compress the bite, wrapping it tightly around the affected area.