Philanthropy & Bequest Manager
Location: Robina Town Centre, Gold Coast
LifeFlight is a world leader in aeromedical care and Australia's most diversified service with both a fixed and rotary wing fleet. We help seriously ill and injured patients around Australia and the world to quickly get the medical care they need. From rapid response, to inter-facility transfers our team of more than 400 staff members, including aviation crew, support staff, and over 100 doctors are a lifeline to vulnerable individuals. Best known for RACQ LifeFlight community rescue helicopters and LifeFlight Retrieval Medicine, the group also operates a world class training division.
A job with Purpose
Every year LifeFlight’s iconic blue and yellow aircraft help thousands of sick and injured patients. Every employee has a very important task in every mission we perform. Whether that’s making sure our IT systems are performing at the highest level or balancing the figures, to instructing staff with the most current medical and aviation regulations. Each and every employee at LifeFlight saves lives every day. You will be part of ensuring our ongoing success and growth through providing fundraising expertise in the delivery of the Major Gift, Bequest and Grant strategies.
We are looking for a full-time Philanthropy & Bequest Manager to join our team within the LifeFlight Foundation. The role will be located in Robina but travel to other sites in the Brisbane and South East Queensland areas may be required.
The Philanthropy & Bequest Manager will provide fundraising expertise in the delivery of the Major Gift, Bequest and Grant strategies. Providing strong leadership the role is responsible for major gift and bequest acquisition, retention and growth.
A critical part of this role is to engage with the philanthropic community in delivering a successful major gifts program and work closely with the Executive Manager Philanthropy and Foundation executive to facilitate or make asks from high net worth individuals.
Typical duties include;
- Develop and implement a structured Major Donor program to cultivate and steward high value supporters.
- Develop and implement a structured bequest program to cultivate and steward bequestors, growing the number of confirmed bequests and future income.
- Manage the Grant strategy, researching and identifying new grants and stewarding the established and new Grantees.
- Be the key point of contact for members and supporters who are interested in or are in the process of leaving a bequest and support them through the process.
- Work with key personnel in the organisation to identify programs and services that could be attractive to potential major donors.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated extensive experience, in a fundraising relationship management role.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of major gifts and bequest programs including making the ASK.
- Capacity to envision, articulate and operationalise fundraising/philanthropy related strategy and plans.
- Experience managing fundraising campaigns including delivering campaign analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience and success implementing donor acquisition and retention strategies.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and pitching strong cases for support.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, flexibility, patience and an ability to relate well to different stakeholder groups.
- Resilience with a positive, can do attitude.
- Proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and targets.
- Demonstrated experience with relevant financial management including budgets, financial reporting, planning and forecasting.
- Strong computer skills in working with CRM database and Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work nights and weekends as required.
- QLD drivers licence
- Conduct highly sensitive work with tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Strong commitment to the LifeFlight Mission and demonstrates the LifeFlight Values of Trustworthy, Committed to Excellence, Safety First, Respectful, Community Spirited and Accountable.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
- Previous experience fundraising for an aeromedical or medical charity.
In your application, please ensure you address each of the essential criteria to demonstrate that you satisfy the minimum requirements of the role.
Please note resume & cover letter must be uploaded as one document.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a growing organisation that is dedicated to saving lives and serving the community. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experiences we would love to hear from you today.