LifeFlight is a world leader in aeromedical care and Australia's most diversified service with both a fixed and rotary wing fleet. We help seriously ill and injured patients around Australia and the world to quickly get the medical care they need. From rapid-response to inter-facility transfers, our team of more than 400 staff members, including aviation crew, support staff, and over 100 doctors are a lifeline to vulnerable individuals. Best known for RACQ LifeFlight community rescue helicopters and LifeFlight Retrieval Medicine, the group also operates a world-class training division.
A job with Purpose
Every year LifeFlight’s iconic blue and yellow fleet help thousands of sick and injured patients. Every employee has a very important task in every mission we perform. Whether that’s making sure our IT systems are performing at the highest level or balancing the figures, to instructing staff with the most current medical and aviation regulations. Each and every employee at LifeFlight saves lives every day. You will be part of ensuring our ongoing success and growth by processing our payroll and supporting pay enquires.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our Finance team. In this role you will take ownership of the end-to-end fortnightly payroll and employee expenses processes for LifeFlight employees across various Awards and Enterprise Agreements.
You will liaise on a daily basis with a wide range of employees, from Pilots to Fundraisers to Engineers, assisting with all payroll enquiries and requests. Not only will you process the fortnightly pays, you will also be calculating back pays and termination pays, preparing and paying employee superannuation, assisting with reporting and ensuring employee files are maintained and up to date.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years in end-to-end preparing and processing of payroll;
- Experience with fortnightly payroll for 400+ employees;
- Processing a high volume of timesheets & data entry, including manual processing;
- A strong understanding of industry awards, agreements and payroll legislation in Australia;
- A key focus on confidentiality and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and experience working to strict deadlines
- Confident with Microsoft Office programs and strong data entry skills
- A friendly, positive can-do attitude and strong communication skills.
- Greentree accounting software experience (highly desirable)
- Previous Payroll experience in a not-for-profit or charitable organisation.
In your application, please ensure you address each of the essential criteria to demonstrate that you satisfy the minimum requirements of the role.
Please note resume & cover letter must be uploaded as one document.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a growing organisation that is dedicated to saving lives and serving the community. If you think you have what it takes and are ready for your next challenge, send us your application today!