LifeFlight is a world leader in aeromedical care and Australia's most diversified service with both a fixed and rotary wing fleet. We help seriously ill and injured patients around Australia and the world to quickly get the medical care they need. From rapid response, to inter-facility transfers our team of more than 400 staff members, including aviation crew, support staff, and over 100 doctors are a lifeline to vulnerable individuals. Best known for RACQ LifeFlight community rescue helicopters and LifeFlight Retrieval Medicine, the group also operates a world class training division.
Reporting to the GM of Finance & Shared Services this role is responsible for the financial strength of LifeFlight improving financial control, cost efficiencies and cash flow management and forecasting. Timely end of month close out is a critical function to allow for subsequent reporting and financial management meetings to be held. You will assist managers get to the key drivers of their business results through a continuous cycle of processing and report preparation.
You will be working with the Leadership Team supporting growth plans by providing financial facts, business models and key drivers that will assist with Company initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will need a confident and collaborative management style that you would have gained through working in a complex business environment. Strong skills in systems implementation and data management will see you add value to the core function of the Financial Controller.
To be successful for this role you will have:
- An Accounting or Business related Degree
- CPA/CA qualified
- Strong cash flow management skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards, tax and other legislation
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll processing and legislation
- Not-for-Profit background would be considered a strong advantage
- Greentree financial system experience (desirable)
- A proactive and positive approach to your work
- Previous leadership and team management experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise a complex workloads
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a growing organisation that is dedicated to saving lives and serving the community. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experiences we would love to hear from you today.