Executive Manager - Philanthropy
Location: Robina Town Centre, Gold Coast
LifeFlight is a world leader in aeromedical care and Australia's most diversified service with both a fixed and rotary wing fleet. We help seriously ill and injured patients around Australia and the world to quickly get the medical care they need. From rapid response, to inter-facility transfers our team of more than 400 staff members, including aviation crew, support staff, and over 100 doctors are a lifeline to vulnerable individuals. Best known for RACQ LifeFlight community rescue helicopters and LifeFlight Retrieval Medicine, the group also operates a world class training division.
A job with Purpose
Every year LifeFlight’s iconic blue and yellow choppers help thousands of sick and injured patients. Every employee has a very important task in every mission we perform. Whether that’s making sure our IT systems are performing at the highest level or balancing the figures, to instructing staff with the most current medical and aviation regulations. Each and every employee at LifeFlight saves lives every day. You will be part of ensuring our ongoing success and growth through providing fundraising expertise in the delivery of the Major Gift, Bequest and Grant strategies for the LifeFlight Foundation.
We are looking for a full-time Executive Manager – Philanthropy to join our team within the LifeFlight Foundation. This role is located in our Robina office and will be expected to travel to the Brisbane head office on a weekly basis or as required. Travel to other sites within the south east Queensland region for events will also be required.
The EM - Philanthropy is responsible for providing fundraising expertise in the delivery of the Major Gift, Bequest and Grant strategies for the LifeFlight Foundation.
You will be responsible for ensuring that fundraising targets are reached, supporters have an outstanding experience, while maximising the funding distribution to LifeFlight Australia’s lifesaving community aero-medical rescue services
This role will be responsible for leveraging philanthropic activity across all of LifeFlight’s initiatives, and is expected to work closely with other team members across the business.
Typical duties include;
- Develop, implement and regularly review philanthropic fundraising strategies, which includes developing and leading acquisition, upgrade, retention and reactivation plans for the various income streams to achieve sustainable growth in the supporter base.
- Effective donor community engagement, including developing philanthropic services and programs, grant making strategies and overseeing the servicing of funds.
- Review, build and manage an effective engagement strategy that ensures the most appropriate supporter journey for current and new donors.
- Apply strategic thinking to develop strategies to cross-promote to a wide range of supporter segments in order to maximise income generation.
- Ensure members of the Philanthropy team develop and maintain effective relationships and tailor supporter thank you and engagement communications that will promote the retention of current supporters and growth of new regular givers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Considerable (5+ years) fundraising management experience including experience of managing several fundraising functions e.g. multi-channel appeals (DM and eDM), major giving, bequests, corporate partnerships, trusts and/or community fundraising.
- Experience in the development and implementation of fundraising strategy.
- Proven experience of designing & managing processes and systems that support fundraising activities.
- Experience of product management and knowledge or experience of developing associated collateral materials.
- Knowledge of campaigning approaches and techniques.
- Experience of data analysis and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including clear articulation of strategy and concepts.
- Proven people and team management skills.
- Relational & presentation skills, including making the ask & servicing supporters.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in philanthropic strategy;
- Strong commitment to the LifeFlight Mission and demonstrates the LifeFlight Values of Trustworthy, Committed to Excellence, Safety First, Respectful, Community Spirited and Accountable.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
- Previous experience fundraising for an aeromedical or medical charity.
In your application, please ensure you address each of the essential criteria to demonstrate that you satisfy the minimum requirements of the role.
Please note resume & cover letter must be uploaded as one document.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a growing organisation that is dedicated to saving lives and serving the community. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experiences we would love to hear from you today.