Rotary Wing Flight Nurse
LifeFlight Australia is a Queensland based charity providing one of Australia’s largest air medical retrieval operations. LifeFlight Retrieval Medicine (LRM) is a charitable company within the LifeFlight Australia group. LRM specialises in the recruitment, training and provision of critical care staff to helicopter and fixed wing based medical rescue services throughout Queensland.
As part of our clinical crew stationed at the LifeFlight Rotary Wing base in Brisbane, you will assist with the rapid response and scheduled air-medical transport throughout Queensland.
As a LifeFlight Retrieval Medicine nurse the world is your ward.
Every day will be unique as you respond to a wide range of medical challenges.
We have an incredible opportunity for a motivated and experienced critical care nurse to join our team on a permanent part-time basis working 48 hours per fortnight (2 x day shifts & 2 x night shifts).
To be successful for this role you will have:
- AHPRA registration
- Registered Nurse with a minimum 5 years emergency and/or critical care experience
- Post-graduate qualification in ICU, ED or critical care
- Possess a level of fitness, strength and endurance to meet the physical demands of this role
- The ability to think outside the square and constructively challenge process
- Desire to work in an aviation environment
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding time management skills
- Community spirited
We support our nurses with comprehensive training in aeromedical nursing through the internationally recognised LifeFlight Training Academy. You’ll then work with an experienced team of doctors, pilots and support staff providing this essential retrieval service to Queenslanders.
We also provide the working environment you need to excel in your role: cutting edge medical equipment, ongoing training and a competitive salary.