Fundraise for the LifeFlight Foundation
Holding your own fundraising event for the LifeFlight Foundation is as easy following three simple steps.
1. Choose a fundraising idea or event
Throughout the year, LifeFlight Foundation supporters from all over our flight region hold sausage sizzles, movie nights or golf days to raise funds to help keep our helicopters flying. To help you get started we’ve come up with some great ways to begin raising much needed funds.
2. Register your event or activity
When your registration is received, a member of the fundraising team will contact you to discuss your event and provide you with an authority to fundraise.
3. Start fundraising
Promote your event to friends, family, neighbours and anyone you want to attend and most importantly have fun! Everyday hero provides a convenient and easy platform to raise funds for us online. Using Everday hero allows you to:
- Easily build your own supporter page which you can use to inspire others, post updates, photos and videos and ask for sponsorship
- Leave the administrative stuff to someone else so you can focus on what you're passionate about - not receipts and reconciliation! Everyday Hero processes every donation from your sponsors, issues the tax deductible receipt (if applicable) to the donor instantly by email, and deposits the money directly to the LifeFlight Foundation's bank account (please choose the LifeFlight Foundation as your nominated charity when you set up your page).
- Inspire your networks by emailing, posting, tweeting (and talking!) to your networks to show them what you are doing and why. We know the charity or cause your supporting means a lot to you, so ask for your friends, family and wider networks' help to make a real difference. Remember – the more people you tell, the more help you will receive!
- Show gratitude - every time someone sponsors you through your supporter page, you will receive an email with details on your supporter (unless they wish to remain anonymous), so you can take the opportunity to say a BIG thank you and tell them how they've helped.
Community Fundraising Event Registration
Hold your own fundraising event
Holding your own fundraising event for the LifeFlight Foundation is a rewarding way to support our vital community rescue helicopter service or our critical care doctors and flight nurses.
With a third of our funding contributed by the community, you’ll know you’re making a real a difference in our mission to save lives.
Staff are here to help make your fundraising initiatives, whatever they may be.
Depending on the type of event, we can help provide:
- Fantastic prizes to raffle or auction
- Professionally printed raffle tickets
- Merchandise (LifeFlight Bears, stickers, posters, newsletters)
- Volunteer support at your event (subject to availability)
- Attendance by a LifeFlight Foundation representative (subject to availability)
CLICK HERE to Register your Community event
LifeFlight Foundation as your nominated charity
One of the most effective ways employees and employers can support RACQ LifeFlight Rescue is through Workplace Giving.
RACQ LifeFlight Rescue is committed to helping anyone, anywhere, anytime. Making regular donations through your pay helps fund ongoing operational expenses including fuel, maintenance, medical supplies and training; without which we couldn’t do what we do.
You simply never know if you, a loved one or even a workmate will need our service. Each rescue missions costs $12,500. Think of these donations as your little investment; protecting yourself, your family and the community against the ‘what ifs’.
Workplace Giving is a feel good exercise and it’s so simple. Your donation is deducted from your gross salary each pay so you receive an immediate tax benefit.
Your workplace can support your efforts further by matching your contribution dollar for dollar which means your generous donations are doubled. Talk to your employer today about matching your gift.
Sign up today and help save lives in your community.
The next life we save could be yours.
Benefits for the Employee
If you choose to donate to the LifeFlight Foundation through your pay, it:
- Gives you an immediate tax benefit
- Reduces your taxable income without the need for receipts
- Provides you with an opportunity to feel good about helping LifeFlight to save lives
- Allows you to donate as much or as little as you like
"LifeFlight's survival relies heavily on its own fundraising efforts and donations, so for me there is a feel good factor, knowing that my small contribution helps in some way to keep the service going," - Mark Taylor, Gold Coast City Council employee and Workplace Giving donor.
Benefits for the Employer
Workplace Giving is a way for businesses and their employees to support LifeFlight. It is a simple way to enhance your business’ involvement in the community and has significant business, employee and community benefits. Workplace Giving is a great way for businesses to demonstrate commitment to the causes their employees are passionate about.
Introducing a LifeFlight Workplace Giving program can:
- Give you an opportunity to engage with your workforce and can assist with employee attraction and retention
- Be a powerful tool to drive employee morale, satisfaction and organisational pride
- Show a commitment to shareholders, employees and customers towards the safety and well being of people within your community
The program is easy to set up and low cost to maintain. Employers can also further support their employees efforts by matching donations – demonstrating an organisational commitment to staff interests.
So join our Workplace Giving Program now and together we can ‘save lives’.