The girl was taken to Tara Hospital last night where she was met by the RACQ CareFlight Rescue Toowoomba crew who then flew her to Toowoomba Base Hospital for further treatment.
The flight took place just after midnight. The girl travelled in a stable condition.
It is unknown at this stage what type of snake it was.
On September 7, a young teenager riding a trail bike felt a stinging sensation on his leg and thought he saw a snake.
His father took him to hospital, where test results came back positive for a brown snake bite.
The Toowoomba crew airlifted the boy from Millmerran Hospital to Toowoomba Base Hospital in a stable condition.
On October 9, a 10 year old boy was airlifted from Warwick Hospital to the Mater Children’s Hospital following a snake bite.
Just five days later, a 20 year old woman was airlifted to Hervey Bay Hospital after a suspected snake bite on Fraser Island.
On October 20, a young boy was bitten by a brown snake in Toowoomba, requiring an urgent RACQ CareFlight Rescue flight to Toowoomba Base Hospital.
CareFlight Critical Care Doctors urge people who suspect they have been bitten by a snake to stay calm and immediately call triple zero.
It’s important to limit body movements to prevent the venom spreading and use a bandage to compress the bite, wrapping it tightly down the affected limb.