It is believed the woman was cleaning out a shed late yesterday afternoon when she moved a washing machine and felt something sting her finger.
Further reports suggest the woman spotted a snake in the vicinity but could not identify the species.
It is believed the woman’s husband sighted another snake at the residence while seeking help.
The Toowoomba based RACQ CareFlight Rescue helicopter was called to retrieve the patient from Dalby Hospital.
She was taken to Toowoomba Base Hospital in a stable condition.
Since the beginning of Spring, CareFlight has treated and airlifted six other patients with suspected snakebites.
On September 7, a young teenager riding a trail bike felt a stinging sensation on his leg and thought he saw a snake.
His father took him to hospital, where test results came back positive for a brown snake bite.
The Toowoomba crew airlifted the boy from Millmerran Hospital to Toowoomba Base Hospital in a stable condition.
On October 9, a 10 year old boy was airlifted from Warwick Hospital to the Mater Children’s Hospital following a snake bite.
Just five days later, a 20 year old woman was airlifted to Hervey Bay Hospital after a suspected snake bite on Fraser Island.
On October 20, a young boy was bitten by a brown snake in Toowoomba, requiring an urgent RACQ CareFlight Rescue flight to Toowoomba Base Hospital.
On October 27, A young girl was airlifted by RACQ CareFlight Rescue after she was thought to be bitten by a snake at a property at Tara in the Darling Downs region.
A day later, a woman was airlifted after a suspected snake bite on a property north west of Texas.
CareFlight Critical Care Doctors urge people who suspect they have been bitten by a snake to stay calm and immediately call triple zero.
It’s important to limit body movements to prevent the venom spreading and use a bandage to compress the bite, wrapping it tightly down the affected limb.