We are currently seeking expressions of interest for Retrieval Physicians to work as part of our retrieval team, providing high-level care to patients across Australia and throughout the Asia Pacific region on our Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aircraft. Both permanent part-time and full-time positions are on offer for successful candidates.
Fixed Wing Retrieval Physicians work alongside Flight Nurses as part of the retrieval team to provide high-level care to all patients received by LifeFlight Jet Air Ambulance. Retrievals are conducted within Australia and throughout the Asia-Pacific region for private insurance customers and public health agencies using jet aircraft based in Townsville and Brisbane.
Retrieval Consultants will also have the opportunity to participate in Rotary winged aircraft subject to conditions*.
To be successful in this role you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Consultant or Advanced Trainee with ACRRM or RACGP programs (JCCA and or GEMS with rural and remote exposure) or overseas equivalent
- At least 5 years post-graduate medical experience; and
- Rotations in Emergency Anaesthesia; and
- ICU/HDU experience; and
- Completed courses in ATLS, ALPS and Ultrasound is preferable; and
- Current (or eligible for) general, provisional or limited registration with AHPRA; and
- Australian citizenship, residency or the ability to obtain an employment visa.
- Current passport
- Experience in Retrieval Medicine (desirable); and
- Experience with Pre-hospital care and remote/rural medicine (desirable)
- You will have exceptional communication and organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
A competitive remuneration package is offered, including professional development leave and allowance and the benefits available through working for a registered charity.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Must complete mandatory induction training for rotary-wing.
- Hold or be eligible for Specialist registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia. NB: If you hold a relevant overseas or Australian specialist qualification, but do not hold Specialist Registration, please refer to Senior Registrar information (see Registrar Retrieval).
- Have completed a minimum of six months experience at Training Registrar level (or equivalent) in:
1. Pre-Hospital and Retrieval Medicine
2. Emergency medicine
4. Intensive care medicine, and
5. Paediatric emergency medicine or paediatric anaesthesia or paediatric intensive care medicine or 12 months in accredited mixed emergency medicine
- Should have EFAST experience and hold an EFAST certification
- Be reasonably fit – able to:
1. Two arm lift 25kg to waist height
2. Carry 20kg backpack 1km
3. Run 2.4km in 15min
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Be eligible to work in Australia without restriction, or the ability to hold a working visa
- Eligibility and successful application for an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Department of Health (DoH) support and approval scope of practice (credentialing)
- To find out more about becoming a Retrieval Registrar at LifeFlight, apply online or contact us today for a confidential conversation.
- Brisbane (Brisbane Airport and Archerfield)
- Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore)
LifeFlight Critical Care Doctors fly onboard a variety of medically equipped aircraft and road vehicles. This includes:
- Rotary Wing: Bell 412, AW 139, BK 117 (all twin turbine aircraft)
- Fixed Wing Jet aircraft: Learjet 45 and Challenger 604 air ambulances for both domestic and international transfers through the Asia Pacific region
- Fixed Wing propeller aircraft: King Air B200 on board the Royal Flying Doctors Service
- Road: Road missions with the Queensland Ambulance Service.
We help you adjust to your work as a Retrieval Registrar by providing a seven (7) day intensive training course at our state-of-the-art LifeFlight Training Academy. This includes specific operational training for rotary and fixed-wing retrieval medicine and clinical skills training in emergency retrieval and pre-hospital care.
- Helicopter and plane operations
- Pre-hospital care
- Winching operations
- Disaster management
- International retrieval
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)