Quick-thinking mum saves toddler after brown snake bite
Bundaberg's RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter has airlifted a little boy to hospital, after he was bitten by a brown snake at home.
The rescue chopper was called into action just after 10:30 this morning.
It's believed the boy been playing outdoors, at a property in the Banana region, when he was bitten on the left foot.
His quick-thinking mother, who recognised her son had been bitten by a venomous snake, rushed him to a nearby health facility.
Medical staff there treated him using the Pressure Immobilisation Technique.
The toddler was then transported to a nearby airstrip, by a Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) crew, to meet the RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter.
A LifeFlight QAS Flight Paramedic stabilised the boy for the journey back to Bundaberg, while the rescue crew tried to ease his worries, with an RACQ LifeFlight Rescue teddy bear.
He was flown to Bundaberg Base Hospital in a stable condition, with his mum as an escort.