News -

Council worker bitten by snake

A council worker was airlifted by LifeFlight's Surat Gas Aero-Medical Service (SGAS) rescue helicopter on Friday night after she suffered a suspected snake bite west of Gayndah.

The helicopter was tasked to the scene at approximately 5.30pm on Friday, March 17 after the woman in her mid-thirties was bitten on the finger while working.

LifeFlight's SGAS helicopter flew to Taroom Hospital and airlifted the woman in a stable condition to Roma Hospital for further treatment.