Child airlifted after suspected bite
A teenage boy has been airlifted by RACQ CareFlight Rescue after a suspected envenomation.
The 14 year old was hiking at Chinchilla when he became unwell.
The helicopter rescue service was tasked to the Chinchilla Hospital at noon.
“No one saw what bit the boy but we are airlifting him to Toowoomba,” CareFlight aircrewman Leigh Aynsley said.
He travelled in a stable condition to Toowoomba Base Hospital.
CareFlight’s medical team stresses that people who suspect they may have been bitten need to stay calm, limit movement, apply compression and immediately contact emergency services.