News -

Gas cooker ignites burning two people

The RACQ CareFlight Rescue helicopter performed a double airlift in Moonie today to rescue two people who received flash burns when their portable gas cooker ignited.

RACQ CareFlight Air Crewman, Brian Guthrie, said the crew treated and airlifted a 43 year old male and a 53 year old female.

"The woman suffered burns to her face and hands, and the male who has come to her aid has subsequently suffered burns to his hands and arms," he said.

"Thankfully the burns weren't too deep.

"We airlifted both patients to the Toowoomba Base Hospital and they were in a stable condition throughout."