Director Clinical Operations
LifeFlight Australia is a Queensland based charity providing one of Australia’s largest air medical retrieval operations. LifeFlight Retrieval Medicine (LRM) is a charitable company within the Lifeflight Australia group. LRM specialises in the recruitment, training and provision of critical care staff to helicopter and fixed wing based medical rescue services throughout Queensland.
The LRM Director Clinical Operations is the senior doctor and clinical leader within LRM. The Director leads all clinical aspects of the LRM operations including clinical recruiting, training, practice management and development, clinical audit and governance. LRM clinical teams work from nine (9) bases across Queensland undertaking intrastate, interstate and international retrievals.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Specialist in Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics or Intensive Care Medicine
- Hold (or be eligible to hold) a Scope of Clinical Practice in Prehospital and Retrieval Medicine (PHRM) and Medical Coordination through the Queensland Department of Health, Retrieval Services Credentialing Committee
- Prehospital and Retrieval Medicine minimum requirements:
- Hold a specialist qualification recognised by the Medical Board of Australia
- 6/12 experience in PHRM; and
- 6/12 experience in Intensive Care or 3/12 Intensive Care and a further 3/12 made up of any combination of Emergency Medicine, PHRM and Anaesthetics; and
- 6/12 experience in Anaesthesia or 12/12 experience in procedural General Practice (Anaesthesia); and
- 6/12 experience in Paediatrics or 12/12 experience in a mixed Adult/Paediatric Emergency Department or 12/12 in procedural General Practice (Emergency Medicine) in a mixed Adult/Paediatric Emergency Department; and
- 6/12 experience in Emergency Medicine or 12/12 experience in procedural General Practice (Emergency Medicine)
- Medical Coordination knowledge or willing to acquire:
- Specialist qualification recognized by the Medical Board of Australia from the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM), the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA), the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM), and/or the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Paediatric and Child Health Division) (RACP)
- Senior level skills in Clinical Coordination, Prehospital and Retrieval Medicine, Paediatrics or Neonatal Retrieval Medicine
- Experience in a leadership role in prehospital and retrieval medicine
- The ability to think outside the square and constructively challenge process
- Highly reliable and take pride in your work
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding time management skills
- An Australian citizen or a resident with working rights
- Community spirited
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact the LRM General Manager on
+61 459 086 516 for a confidential discussion.
Do you have the experience and skills to excel in this exciting and diverse role within an organisation that is dedicated to saving lives and serving the community? If yes, we would love to hear from you, please apply now.